Packing list for hikes with possible overnight stays:
- Hiking shoes or boots
- Hiking trousers/tights
- Hiking socks
- Short- or long-sleeved thin wool or synthetic T-shirt
- Mid-layer, such as a fleece
- A change of clothes/clothes to sleep in – such as a long-sleeved woollen jumper + long woollen underpants
- Buff/neck warmer
- Hat and gloves, depending on the season
- Extra hiking sock
- Extra underwear
- Change of shoes if necessary – such as Crocs or sandals
- Phone and powerbank
- Cooking utensils – Trangia stove, Jetboil or burner + pot
- Bottles for water
- Cup, plate and cutlery (if you want to cook in the outdoors)
- Pocket knife
- Gaffer tape
- Safety pins + possibly sewing needle and thread
- Seat cushion, if necessary
- Dry bags for clothes, electronics, food, etc.
- Rain cover for backpack (or large drybag to keep inside the backpack)
- Hiking poles if required
- Earplugs if required
- Bug spray and net/hat if required
- Bin bags for toilet paper, etc.
Toiletries: toothbrush + toothpaste, sunscreen, toilet paper, hand sanitizer, medication and other personal hygiene.
First aid: Plasters and blister plasters, sports tape, painkillers, gauze bandages.
If you want to spend the night in the outdoors, you will also need to bring:
A tent (please note that you can only pitch a tent in designated tent areas)